We hope everyone managed to keep warm and dry over the weekend. Great to see students involved in so many school activities.
Well done Crew’sers
Congratulations and well done to our Craigburn Crew’sers Pedal Prix team braved the wintery conditions last Sunday at Victoria Park as part of the 2023 Australian HPV Super Series. A wonderful effort and achievement by all students involved. Special thanks to Tristan Fergusson for his leadership and organisation and to the many parents and friends who helped out on the day.
Growing With Gratitude
Our Student Representative Council Executive Leaders and Sports Leaders attended a ‘Growing with Gratitude’ excursion on Friday to AFL-Max.
Students participated in a range of activities focussing on gratitude, kindness, positive reflection, empathy, mindfulness and serving others.
We look forward to our student leaders sharing their new knowledge and skills within our school community.
International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) – Reminder
A wonderful opportunity for students in Years 2-6 to take on an academic challenge. The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is an online academic competition that is designed to assess students’ higher order thinking and problem-solving skills in English, Mathematics, Science, Writing, Spelling Bee and Digital Technologies.
School Sport Update
Soccer Update – Tara and Penny – Soccer Coordinators
A wonderful Saturday for soccer at Craigburn.
The boys had a great team performance today and managed a 5-0 win. There was some terrific defending lead by Archie in goals. The passing was also a highlight with the team working the ball up the ground all game.
The boys are improving every week which is great to see.
Another great game watching the boys work together as a team with a final score of 3-1 to Craigburn.
Like the Under 8’s, they are consistently developing cohesiveness as a team and developing passing, defending and attacking skills every week.
A fantastic game with all players contributing and working as a team.
This ensured they succeeded with a final score of 2-1.
Thank you to all students, parents and our referees, Gareth Bryant and Beau, who all demonstrated Craigburn’s values and team spirit.
Netball Update Round 5
Year 2/3 team / Coaches: Jo & Kimberley
There was a lot of excitement at the year 2/3 game on Saturday with the girls having an amazing game and coming away with their first win!
Year 3/4 team / Coach: Shelley
A fantastic game on the weekend against Hawthorndene. The girls remembered all of our team rules and we ended up with a good win. Great quick passes, girls!
Year 3/4 team / Coach: Chantelle
The girls played really well in cold and windy conditions. It was a tough match against Immanuel College and we scored 1 goal! Everyone’s skill level has improved out of sight.
Year 5/6 / Coaches: Liann & Verity
It was a tough start with many opposition goals scored in the 1st quarter. Our defence was fantastic in the last 3 quarters making it hard for them to continue scoring, giving us a chance to come back. In the end it was only a 5-goal loss. Kyla played her first game and was a super star in defence.
Please remember to notify us when your child is absent. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Via our website – Report an Absentee
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone to the front office on 8270 4144, or to the
- Reporting Student Absences HOTLINE!
- Whole School Photos are scheduled for Tuesday 15th August – Week 4 of Term 3.
- Moving School in 2024? To support our staff and class planning for 2024, should your child/ren be leaving Craigburn Primary School (aside from current Year 6s) to attend another school next year, please notify us via the front office. Thank you.
- Change of Contact Details To help us keep up to date with family and emergency contact details please contact the front office with your change of details.
- Lost Property The lost property storage area adjacent to the canteen is beginning to overflow. If at school, please take a moment to check for any items your family may be missing.
- Reception Enrolments for 2024 As we are nearing the midpoint of the school year, we are starting to look at our Reception Enrolments for 2024.If you are a new family to Craigburn and would like to register interest for a child starting Reception in 2024, please contact the Front Office for a Registration of Interest form.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Term 3 Auskick
- July 2023 Vacation Care Program
- Sport (Cup) Stacking
- Donations needed: Second-hand Costume Stall
- Aberfoyle Park High School – Career Expo
Yearly Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 17 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December