Does your 4 to 11 year old aged child:
- Often feel and act very frustrated, overwhelmed or anger?
- Find it hard to listen and follow instructions or routines?
- Find it tough to manage friends and interactions with siblings?
- Sometimes feel worried or frustrated about your child’s behaviour and don’t know what to do next?
- Feel like strategies that work for other children don’t work for your child?
Connect, Coach and Take Charge is a course run and developed by clinical psychologists who have worked with “big feelings kids” for between 5 and 20 years. The course will help you:
- Learn why some children find it harder to act in calm and co-operative ways
- Know how to reconnect and feel more positive about children with big feelings and tricky behaviours
- Coach your child to learn and practice the skills of feeling calm and resolving problems
- Use kind ‘take charge skills’ with children who find it tough to follow instructions
- Be kind and compassionate to yourself as a caregiver of a child with big feelings
- Connect with other parents/caregivers who understand the particular challenges of taking care of big feelings kids
We conduct research on the impact of the group. This research shows that parents who attend report significant changes in parenting behaviours which are linked with positive mental health and also that their children show a significant decrease in mental health after parents attend the group. 95% of parents/caregivers rate the group as helpful (85% say “very helpful).
DURATION: Six 1.5 hour sessions over 6 weeks
LOCATION: online via Zoom
TIME: Thursday 19th October – Thursday 23rd of November from 6.30pm – 8:00pm
SUITABILITY: parents/caregivers of 4 to 11 year old children with “big feelings” (either those with diagnoses – eg ADHD, Autism, anxiety or those without diagnoses but who have tricky behaviours or intense emotional experiences)
COST: $235.00 * As this group is specifically for caregivers of children with emotional challenges and we know that these are often exacerbated by differences and disabilities, many families with children with self managed NDIS funding may be able to claim the cost of this group. We will provide you with an invoice to facilitate your claim
REGISTRATION: click the link below to see upcoming dates and times. If you would like to register you can complete the online questionnaire – https://developingminds.net.au/connect-coach-and-take-charge