Thank you to the dads, grandads and special friends who were able to join us for our annual Father’s Day Breakfast on Thursday. It was great to see everyone coming together at school with their child/ren. A shout out too, to the parents who volunteered for the Father’s Day Gift Stall – we truly appreciated the support in helping children to purchase a special gift for their loved one.
Meet Craig B the Scarecrow at the Royal Adelaide Show
Meet Craig B, the composting scarecrow, created by our student environment leaders. Craig will be hanging out with other schools’ scarecrows in the northern end of the Goyder Pavilion at the Royal Adelaide Show.
Please visit and say hello. Craig B hopes to win the best scarecrow in the recycling division. Vote 1 for Craig.
Year 1 Phonics Screening Check Results
Our Year 1 teachers have now completed the Department’s phonics screening check (PSC). The preliminary results indicate strong achievement across our year 1 cohort and the highest since the inception of the PSC in 2018 – with 90% of students achieving at or above the benchmark. We would very much like to acknowledge the hard work of our Reception and Year 1 teachers for this excellent achievement.
Remaining Student Free Day
A reminder that our remaining student free day for 2023 is in Term 4 Week 5 on Friday 17 November. OSHC will be open for bookings on Friday.
Premier’s Reading Challenge
The Premier’s Reading Challenge finishes this Friday 8 September. Please encourage your child to hand in their record sheets before the end of the week. Unfortunately, late forms can’t be accepted.
Asthma Awareness Week
Hats back on!
Please ensure your child has a hat before they come to school every day. School hats are required for recess, lunch and other outdoor learning activities. School hats can be purchased through Qkr!, or at the front office.
Planning for 2024
Planning is underway for the 2024 school year, which includes organising staffing, class structures and placements.
To assist with our planning, we would appreciate it if you could advise us if your child(ren) will not continue their schooling at Craigburn next year. If this is the case, please contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 6 students. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer.
- Lost property continues to build up –the stall is situated in the breezeway adjacent to the gym – please check for any items that may have been misplaced. A reminder also to please label clothing, drink / food containers, hats etc. When they are labelled they easily find their way back to students.
- Traffic and Parking. The local council has clear signage / road markings in relation to off-street parking. We respectfully ask families and friends to be extra mindful of adhering to the parking rules and regulations. This is in the best interest of safety for our students / families and local residents.
- Sturt Lions Soccer Club – Come and Try
- Fastbreak Academy Mini Breakers Program Term 4
- Canteen news
- Mid Term Sports Update
- Canteen News
- Royal Life Saving SA’s Holiday Swim Program
- Calm Kid Central
- Developing Minds – Connect, Coach And Take Charge
Yearly Planner / Key Dates
Updated as 4 September 2023
- Friday 8/9 – Premier’s Challenges End
- Thursday 14/9 – RUOK Day
- Monday 18/9 – Governing Council Meeting
- Tuesday 19/9 – Festival of Music Choir – Festival Theatre Performance
- Friday 29/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
- Monday 16/10 – Start Term 2
- Friday 20/10 – Quiz Night
- Friday 27/10 – World Teachers Day
- Monday 30/10 – Governing Council Meeting
- Friday 3/11 – Colour Fun Run
- Tuesday 7/11 – Melbourne Cup
- Friday 10/11 – Remembrance Day Assembly for Sat 11/11
- Friday 10/11 – School Disco
- Wednesday 15/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Friday 17/11 – Student Free Day
- Wednesday 22/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Monday 27/11 – Governing Council Meeting
- Wednesday 29/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 5/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 11/12 – Celebration Night
- Tuesday 12/12 – Early Years Fun Day
- Wednesday 13/12 – Class Visits new classes for 2024, End of Year Reports sent home
- Wednesday 13/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Thursday 14/12 – Year 6 Celebration Day / Lunch
- Friday 15/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal