We welcome students, staff and families back to school on Monday 16th October. We hope everyone enjoyed some quality family time over the holiday break and October long weekend.
Term 4 promises to be a busy time with many activities and events on our calendar including – World Teachers Day, The School Run4Fun Colour Splatacular, New Receptions and Year 6 to HS Transitions, Year 6 Graduation, excursions, Year 5 and 6 camps, Craigburn’s Got Talent, Gala Day, JamBand, Celebration Night, staff and class planning for 2024, ongoing learning improvement planning and more.
Please take a moment to check in with the Term 4 planner (further below) for these important dates.
This term we also begin preparing for the start of the 2024 school year, which involves planning class structures based on projected enrolments and determining staffing arrangements. Please stay tuned for further information throughout the term.
We would especially like to acknowledge and wish our graduating Year 6 students and families all the very best for their final term in primary school. We trust it will be an enjoyable and rewarding one for them.
Looking forward to seeing everyone back on Monday.
School Run4Fun Colour Splatacular
At our assembly on the last day of term, we shared information about our upcoming whole school event, ‘The School Run4Fun Colour Splatacular,’ being our major fundraiser for 2023.
Aside from having lots of fun being splashed in colour, this event is an opportunity for us to raise funds and support a fantastic cause, 🌱Building an outdoor kitchen in our school garden 🌱
Just over 15 years ago, our school community came together to raise money for the construction of our ‘environmental learning centre / school garden’ – for the betterment and enjoyment of our school community.
Please take a few moments to check in with further information in our recent post.
We would be grateful for parents to help with the organisation of the Run4Fun event and on the day. We will provide more information about how parents can help out.
Welcome back to teachers, Adriana Mezic and Chantelle McMahon who return from leave. Sophie McDonald and Chantelle rejoin the C14 Year 3 class and Adriana to the E25 Year 1 class.
The following teachers will be on leave early this term.
- Genna Dow away for Weeks 1 and 2
- Mark Lemmey away Weeks 1 and half of Week 2
- Janine McKay, Karen Pettman and Karen Prideaux away in Week 1
A very special welcome to Chloe Bremner, who joins us at Craigburn, teaching in A4 – Year 2. Chloe was a student teacher with us last year, and as a new graduate teacher is looking forward to being part of our school community. We would especially like to extend our thanks and gratitude to Petrea Fokkens, who stepped in as the interim teacher with the A4 Year 2 class last term as Lisa (Sporn) has been on leave. We truly appreciated and valued Petrea’s commitment to teaching the class.
Student Free Day Reminder – Friday 17th November
Our final student free day is scheduled for Friday 17th November, endorsed by our Governing Council earlier this year.
On this day, we will be working on analysing a range of student learning data from this year’s Progressive Achievement Tests in Maths and Reading, NAPLAN and Phonics Screening Tests, and reading test results. This will be used to inform future planning and learning for the 2024 school year.
Bushfire Response Plan
Please take time to read through the Bushfire Response Plan post, which provides information about what action we need to take on days of increased fire danger or in the event of a potential or actual bushfire threat.
Teachers will be reminding students to have a labelled water bottle and small towel at school.
To Note / Friendly Reminders
Save the Dates
- Colour Fun Run – Friday 3rd November – Term 4 Week 3
- Student Disco – Friday 10th November – Term 4 Week 4
- Celebration Night – Monday 11th December – Term 4 Week 9
- Year 6 Graduation – Thursday 14th December – Term 4 Week 9
Parent Helpers – Shout Out!!!
As previously mentioned we are always looking for parents to support various school activities and initiatives, especially through the Friends of Craigburn – our parent and community engagement team.
This term, we would be grateful for parents to help with the planning and running of the Colour Run4Fun Splatacular, Student Disco and Christmas Raffle for Celebration Night. If you are available and can assist in any way with any of these activities, please let us know by contacting Bec May (convenor of the Friends of Craigburn group) via email CPS.FOC466@schools.sa.edu.au or the front office.
Reception Transition days for our 2023 Reception Intake will occur on Wednesdays of Weeks 5, 6 and 7, being the 15th, 22nd and 29th of November.
Leaving Craigburn in 2024?
Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2024 school year. Thank you.
School opens at 8.30am
Students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
Parent / Carer Contact Details
Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details. Thank you.
Yearly Planner / Key Dates
Current as at Sunday 15 October 2023
- Monday 16/10 – Start Term 4
- Wednesday 25/10 – Year 2 Excursion – Botanic Gardens
- Friday 27/10 – World Teachers Day
- Friday 27/10 – Sapsasa Cricket
- Monday 30/10 – Governing Council Meeting
- Monday 30/10 to Wednesday 1/11 – Year 5 Camp
- Friday 3/11 – Colour Run4Fun Splatacular
- Monday 6/11 to Wednesday 8/11 – Year 6 Camp
- Tuesday 7/11 – Melbourne Cup
- Friday 10/11 – Remembrance Day Assembly for Sat 11/11
- Friday 10/11 – School Disco
- Wednesday 15/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Friday 17/11 – Student Free Day
- Wednesday 22/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Monday 27/11 – Governing Council Meeting
- Wednesday 29/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Friday 1/12 – Gala Day
- Tuesday 5/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 11/12 – Celebration Night
- Tuesday 12/12 – Early Years Fun Day
- Wednesday 13/12 – Class Visits new classes for 2024, End of Year Reports sent home
- Thursday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 15/12 – Year 6 Celebration Day / Lunch, End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal