We are very much looking forward to hosting our annual Craigburn Celebration Night on Monday 11th December.
Celebration Night is about celebrating the end of the school year through song and dance performances and an opportunity to acknowledge and thank our students, staff and parent community for their efforts and support throughout the year.
The school choir will be leading the singing of a number of Christmas carols as part of the evening’s festivities. We will also be farewelling staff who are leaving, drawing prizes for the Christmas raffle and extending our best wishes to graduating year 6 students and families.
Please note the following details:
- Students are required to be at their classrooms by no later than 6.00pm where they will then be ushered to the oval by their teachers at 6.20pm in readiness for a 6.30pm start.
- Class teachers will provide families with information regarding dress / costumes.
- Families and friends are encouraged to arrive early to find a suitable spot on the sloped banks facing the oval where the performances will take place. Many families choose to bring along picnic style tea.
- We ask that students have a snack / bite to eat prior to 6:00pm, as the performance will finish at approximately 7:50pm. Students can bring a water bottle with them to keep throughout the performances.
- The playground will be marked off – so younger / older siblings will need to sit with their families.
- Programs will be available on the night for a gold coin donation.
- The Christmas Raffle will be drawn towards the end of the evening.
The Canteen will be running a sausage sizzle from 5.00pm for those needing a quick bite to eat. If you are able to help run the sausage sizzle, please contact Bron or Sam at the front office.
*** As the evening is a school community celebration, and as per Departmental policy requirements, we kindly ask for your cooperation in refraining from alcohol consumption to ensure a safe and inclusive environment. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
6.00pm – Students to be at their classrooms (in performance costume / dress) with teachers
6.00pm – Pre-concert entertainment begins
6.20pm – Classes come to the oval to designated seating area
6.30pm – Welcome / Opening – comperes (student leaders)
6.35pm – Performances begin – Reception item
6.45pm – Year 1 item
6.55pm – Year 2 item
7.05pm – Christmas Carols – Choir leading community singing
7.15pm – Year 3/4 item
7.25pm – Year 5 item
7.30pm – Year 6 Graduating students
7.35pm – Acknowledgements, Governing Council Chair– Katelyn Adam, Principal – Paul Luke
7.45pm – Christmas Raffle
7.50pm – Finish
Volunteers Morning Tea – Thursday 30th November
In recognition of the wonderful community support we have received throughout 2023, we extend an invitation to all parents and friends who have volunteered to help with class and school events / programs, to join us for a ‘Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea’ in the school hall from 10.50am on Thursday 30th November. We have appreciated and valued your support with school committees, Mother’s / Father’s Day stalls, fundraising, Canteen, Sports, Pedal Prix, excursions, camps and more.
To help with catering please register your attendance, via the attached Google Form or by contacting the front office – phone 82704144 or email.
We hope to see you there.
Learner Achievement Assembly – Thursday 30th November
Prior to the Volunteers Morning Tea, we will be holding a whole school assembly from 10.20am in the Hall to acknowledge a range of learner achievements including ICAS (International Competitions and Assessments for Schools), the Premier’s Challenges, the Commissioner’s Digital Challenge, student leaders and Young Environmental Leaders Program and more. Parents are welcome to attend and also stay on for the Volunteer’s Morning Tea. Remember to register here.
Health Check Reminder
As mentioned last week, we have received reports of Influenza cases within our school community. It’s crucial to keep your child at home if they show any flu-like symptoms. For more information, please refer to the following link:
Stay well and take care.
New Cricket Wicket Installation
The work for the installation of a new synthetic cricket wicket on the school oval begins on Monday. This will involve the excavation and removal of the existing wicket, with the new wicket to be better realigned with the dimensions of the oval to meet SACA specifications. We ask students to keep well clear of this area throughout the installation.
We look forward to the Jam Band performing at Craigburn on Thursday. The Just Add Music Band is a group of passionate Adelaide musicians providing a fun, entertaining, interactive and educational children’s show. They aim to inspire students and help develop confidence and self-esteem through student engagement and interaction.
The JAM Band members have over 50 years of collective experience in children’s entertainment! They perform 10+ songs consisting of current well-known songs as well as classics for the young at heart! Each song is presented in a creative and vibrant way helping to bring the songs to life. Students are encouraged to get up and dance at various points throughout the show.
Last Day of the School Year – Friday 15th December – Early Dismissal – 2.10pm
As per the department’s policy regarding early dismissals, schools are only able to dismiss students up to one hour prior to normal dismissal. This means that on our last school day of the year, Friday 15th December, students will be dismissed at 2.10pm.
Material and Services Charges – Polling Letter
Families should have received a polling letter last week related to the Material and Services Charges for 2024 – we ask that this is returned by no later than Thursday 28th November.
- Remaining Reception Transition Days for our 2024 Reception – Wednesdays 22 and 29 of November.
- Jam Band – Thursday 23rd November – Week 6
- Gala Day – Friday 1st December – Week 7
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5th December – Week 8
- Celebration Night – Monday 11th December – Term 4 Week 9
- Year 6 Graduation – Thursday 14th December – Term 4 Week 9
Leaving Craigburn in 2024?
Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2024, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2024 school year. Thank you.
Please come into school and check the lost property tubs near the second hand uniform shop. They are overflowing with jumpers, hats, lunchboxes and drink bottles.
Students must wear a navy blue school hat (broad brimmed or legionnaire style) when outside in the yard at play times and outdoor lessons. Hats can be purchased via the Finance Office. Students who do not have a hat are asked to play in a shaded area of the school during play times.
Parent / Carer Contact Details
Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details. Thank you.
- Canteen Special! Christmas Donuts Wednesday 6th December
- Sapsasa Representatives
- Seedlings delivered to classroom
- Festival of Music Concert Download
- OSHC Christmas Closure
- IMPORTANT UPDATE – Changes in the Second-hand Uniform Shop
- Class Planning and Class Placement Information for 2024
- UPDATE! Canteen News – WATERMELON WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY
- Bushfire Response Plan
Yearly Planner / Key Dates
Current as at Sunday 19 November 2023
- Wednesday 22/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Thursday 23/11 – JAM Band
- Monday 27/11 – Governing Council Meeting
- Thursday 30/11 – Learner Achievement Assembly and Volunteers Morning Tea
- Wednesday 29/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Friday 1/12 – Gala Day
- Tuesday 5/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 11/12 – Celebration Night
- Tuesday 12/12 – Early Years Fun Day
- Wednesday 13/12 – Class Visits new classes for 2024, End of Year Reports sent home
- Thursday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 15/12 – Year 6 Celebration Day / Lunch, End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal