Family Blogging Challenge – the month of May

Our class loves to share their learning with our online community.
We are trying get our families more involved in our class blog. It means our work is really connecting with the families involved in our class. We are trying really hard to encourage our families and friends to support our work on the class blog!
As a part of our Family Blogging Month we encourage all of our family and friends to make comments on our blog. Whenever a family member or friend makes a comment we record it on our class chart.
The code for our chart is:
M = Mum
D = Dad
S = Sister
B = Brother
U = Uncle
A = Aunty
C= Cousin
GM = Grandma
GP = Grandpa
F = Family Friend
0 = Other
Each student is about to  write a letter to a family member or members to ask them to support with our challenge and leave us a comment on our blog. These letters will go home on Tuesday of Week 2.
We also need to remember to make quality comments when we ask people to post comments on our blog. We have shared lots of ideas and information about how to write a good quality comment on a blog.
Here is a photo of our class poster.

We hope this will be a big success and can’t wait to hear from our families and friends.

Tell us – what do you think of our Family Blogging Month Challenge?

15 thoughts on “Family Blogging Challenge – the month of May

1. I love the class blog. It lets me see exactly what all the children are up to and allows all the family to interact with Cooper and the rest of the class. I look forward to seeing some interesting items this term.

2. We are all certainly enjoying reading your blogs! Katie Koala especially loves being able to keep up with all of her classmates at Craigburn Primary. After yet another cold snap (temperatures like 26 F Burrrrrr!) we have a lovely sunny day here in central New York! Katie and her classmates are looking forward to getting out in the sun and warmer temperatures (may be as high as 60F) for recess today!

3. I just love the idea of the family blog challenge. It will be great for the whole family to see just what the class is doing all the time.

4. I love reading about what you have been doing and seeing the wonderful photos of you all. I hope your challenge is a success and you have lots of family and friends leave messages for you. I wonder how many people will respond? I look forward to finding out. Good Luck!

5. Hi to everyone in Miss Sporn’s class. I enjoy coming in on Tuesday mornings to listen to you read – you are all very good readers. It’s been lovely getting to know you all and I look forward to following all your good work on your blog. What are you learning about in Inquiry this term?

• Hi Sonja
      Thanks for supporting our blog – your family has made a huge amount of comments already!! It’s great!
      We LOVE having parents in to hear us read – it’s great to have our families support us
      From Lisa

6. Hi again everyone. I made a mistake in my last comment – can you pick what it is? Sienna let me know I had done something wrong, see if you can pick it too.

7. Let the blogging challenge begin! I love read your blog all the time and seeing what’s been happening but i must admit i haven’t been very good at leaving comments, but i think that is all about to change.

8. Hi Jamie just wondering what you might be doing on the blogg today and that its only one more sleep untill sports day. I know your excited.
    Maybe you can give us all a quick summary on the sports day results on the blogg on monday as well as naming a few of your favourite events.
    Looking forward to seeing all the updates, Dad

9. Hi Class,
    this is a great way to keep in touch with what is happenning in your world. I will make sure I check in often to see what you have been up to.
    Have a great day and try and stay warm.
    Glen

10. Hey Miss Sporn’s class, I think you all need another code for me – how about DP – can you guess what that stands for? Keep up the great learning and blog. Regards, Mr Luke

11. Hello, I am a family friend of Cooper F and just wanted to say that I think you class website is fabulous. My daughter especially lokes the glitter text.

12. My best memories of school days would have to be travelling to school by tram to the city and meeting up with my best friend on the way and dreaming of all the things we would do when we grow up. I also loved our excursions by bus to Belair National park and always having a wonderful time singing and laughing in the bus.

13. Hi, I am Tania (Siennas Cousin) I live near Mt Gambier in South Australia, Maybe Sienna might be able to show you on a map where Mt Gambier is. I have had great fun looking at all your blogs and also looking at your class website. Keep up the good work guys. I love you lots and lots Sienna xxx Have fun at school.