Das Monatslied

This week in German the children watched the video, ‘Das Monatslied.’ Before they viewed it we discussed the German names for the months of the year. Some of the months of the year are spelt the same in both languages and the children enjoyed experimenting with how to pronounce a familiar word differently.

The children were told to look out for something that was a little bit odd about the video – and so many picked up on what that was! Watch the video and see if you can spot what doesn’t quite make sense to us here in Australia:

4 thoughts on “Das Monatslied

• Guten Tag Scarlett,
      I’m glad you enjoy learning how different words are spelt in German. Some words are spelt the same as English but said differently!
      Auf Wiedersehen,
      Frau Smith

1. Jacob thought it was great that his month (April) was spelt the same. Now it will be easier for him to remember. He has also started answering me in German when I ask him questions which I think is very cute.

• Thank you for your comment. How fantastic that Jacob answers your questions in German! I hope he continues to learn a lot during our lessons.