TERM 1 INQUIRY TOPICS:
Ourselves as Learners
Central Idea – People’s awareness of their characteristics, abilities and interests shape show they are as learners.
- Physical, social and emotional characteristics
- Similarities and differences between ourselves and others
- Personal abilities and interests, ourselves as learners
- Who am I – what are my strengths and weaknesses?
- How can I improve myself to be successful?
- How can I develop a Growth Mindset?
- What can I do to learn to the best of my ability and maximise my potential?
- How can I show and respect the differences and similarities in others?
Central Idea – Curiosity about the world can be discovered through observation, exploration and experimentation.
- Properties of materials suitable for a specific task.
- Classifying, observing, reflecting and giving feedback on designs and finished models/creations.
- Designing, planning and creating skills.
- Joining techniques.
- The properties of different materials.
- How shape, space and materials can be used to design and create structures (geometry and all of shape in Maths).
- What makes a stable structure?
- What are the properties of materials and objects?
- How materials can be used for different purposes?
- Which joining technique is suitable for different purposes/models?
- How do humans choose the right material for a specific job?
TERM 2 INQUIRY TOPICS:
Amazing Engineers continued…