Urrbrae Wetlands Excursion

On Monday 27th June our class went on an excursion to Urrbrae Wetlands and Nature Education Centre to link with our unit of inquiry on ecosystems. Here are some recounts of the day written by some students from our class:

_____________________________________________________________________

On Monday 27th June we went to the Urrbrae Wetland. Our class was excited. We were with Room A3 and A4. There were parent helpers. They were Clare, Ahmad and Emma. Our class met Ann Louise and Sally. They were nice. We saw a possum. This is why we went because we are learning about ecosystems in inquiry. 

First we got on the bus. Then we got out and we were going to the wetlands and we saw lots of ducks. Ann Louise helped us learn about animals that live above the water. We saw moss and docs. then it was recess. I had an oat bar. Then we looked at aquatic macro invertebrates. Then it was lunch. I had a sandwich, it was yummy. Then we walked to the Nature Education Centre. We saw a possum, a frog, some lizards and snakes. Then we went to the bus. Finally we got back to school and went home. I felt hood because it was great. My favourite part was looking at the possum. 

By Jamal

___________________________________________________________________

On Monday 27th June our class went to Urrbrae Wetlands with Room A3, A4 and parent helpers called Clare, Ahmad and Emma. We went because we were learning about ecosystems in inquiry. 

First I got to school. Then Indi did the roll. After that we got on the bus, it was a long time I sat next to Riley and we talked to each other. Finally we got to the wetlands. Next we walked on the muddy oval. At last we reached the wetland. Soon we looked at things above water. Then is was recess. Eventually we looked at things in water with the microscope. At last it was lunch. Then we walked over the oval again and went in the Nature Education Centre and saw some animals.

I felt hot because I had a lot of clothes on. My favourite part was Toby the possum. 

By Sophie

____________________________________________________________________

A big thanks to our parent helpers Clare, Ahmad and Emma. The weather turned out to be perfect and everyone had a great time exploring and learning new things.

Here are some photos of our fantastic day:

IMG_9010 IMG_2416 IMG_2414 IMG_2413 IMG_2411 IMG_2410 IMG_2407 IMG_2403 IMG_2401 IMG_2399 IMG_2393 IMG_2392 IMG_2391 IMG_2390 IMG_2389 IMG_2387 IMG_2386 IMG_9038 IMG_9037 IMG_9034 IMG_9029 IMG_9028 IMG_9023 IMG_9019 IMG_9016 IMG_9014 IMG_9013 IMG_9011

3 Responses

1. Riley at |

We all had a great day. Thanks to the parent helpers.

Reply
  2. Jesse's Mum, Clare at |

Thank you everyone for my card! It was beautifully decorated and I enjoyed reading all the messages. I also enjoyed going to the wetlands with you. I was impressed by how well you all behaved, listened, took part in the activities, and asked and answered questions. Hope you had as much fun as I did. Although I liked all the different activities, my favourite was walking around the wetland and using our observation skills to identify and record birds and other animals.

Reply
  3. Hunter at |

I really fun I loved everything I Urrbrae weatland it was sooo fun thanks for the people that went along with as out you guys were the best I can’t believe that Urrbrae weathland is that big I loved it so much it was the funest bit about term 1 and term 2

Reply