We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday evening for our annual Acquaintance Evening.
Acquaintance Evening is a fantastic opportunity for students to proudly showcase their new learning spaces to their parents, and for families to meet with teachers and school staff. We encourage every student to actively engage in the evening, sharing their own ‘learning voice’ and sharing insights into their learning program for 2024.
Students, teachers and support staff have been busily preparing for the evening, with classrooms open from 5.30pm to 7.00pm.
Please make sure you also visit and meet our specialist learning teachers too – Mr Marin (Performing Arts), Laura Fazzalari (Science), Karen Pettman (PE), Carly Smith (German) and Emily Gray (school garden).
Hungry? Our sausage sizzle will be ready from 5:00pm at the bottom court, also offering gluten-free, vegan options, drinks and Zooper Doopers. Sausage in bread and drinks will be available (until run out) at a low cost. Best to bring cash / coins.
The Front Office will also be open for payments, purchases of school hats/bags, or to drop off any forms.
This year, our OSHC program will also be a part of the school acquaintance night. Our dedicated OSHC Educators will be available during this time to pop in and chat with you. Children will be able to participate in activities, including a fun biscuit decorating activity.
Reminder – Student Free Day – Friday 16th February
Our first student free day is this Friday 16th February. Teachers will be attending a professional development workshop led by Dr Sarah McDonagh at the Morphettville Racecourse with the focus on instructional reading practices.
Our OSHC service is available for bookings.
Annual General Meeting – Monday 19th February 2024
We invite and welcome parents to come along to our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday 19th February in the Library commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting, light refreshments and nibbles will be available from 6:00pm. Crèche facilities will be available.
The AGM is a great opportunity for parents to come together with the Governing Council, Leadership team and staff to share in our school’s achievements and highlights of 2023.
The AGM also serves as an opportunity for parents to nominate for the 2024 Governing Council and / or participate on one of many sub-committees which provide support and direction for a range of school activities enabling us to further build and maintain a strong community culture.
Further information including nomination details to be posted early this week.
School Group Tours
Registration of Interest for the 2024 Mid Year Intake & 2025 School Year
We have scheduled the following dates for school group tours to commence this year. School group tours allow prospective school families to learn more about the learning programs offered at Craigburn by hearing from the leadership team and taking a tour of the school. Please book a tour via our website or through the front office by phone or email. School Tour dates for 2024
- Wednesday 21st February
- Wednesday 27th March
- Wednesday 8th May
- Thursday 23rd May
- Friday 28th June
All tours commence at 9.15am through to 10.30am.
- Registration of Interest forms to register interest in enrolling your child for the midyear intake 2024 and / or start year intake 2025, can be obtained through the front office by phone or email.
- Families must use the ‘Find a School’ link on the department website to determine their zoned school.
- Proof of residential address must be required prior to enrolment being offered.
- Registrations of Interest will only be accepted for the midyear intake 2024 and start year intake 2025.
Updated Media Consent Form
Parents and carers will soon receive an updated Media Consent Form – Child/Student Permission to use image, video, voice, and/or creative work of students and children. Once received, please complete to indicate media consent for your child.
Student Use of Mobile Phones and Personal Devices Policy
A reminder that a ‘Student Use of Mobile Phones and Personal Devices Policy’ was introduced to schools in 2024.
We ask that parents are familiar with this policy which relates to personal devices not being carried / worn by students during the school day. Note personal devices, include mobile phones and smart watches that are capable of sending or receiving messages or calls and/or able to connect to the internet.
Student Technology Update – iPads
We would like to inform you about an upcoming change regarding our student technology program. In the past, we’ve embraced a Bring Your Own iPad (BYO iPad) initiative, which has served us well in enhancing learning experiences. However, we will be transitioning to a school-managed iPad system and phasing out the BYO iPad program for many positive reasons.
- Consistency and Compatibility: By managing the iPads used in school, we will be able to ensure uniformity across devices. This consistency streamlines classroom activities and ensures that all students have access to the same tools and resources.
- Standardisation of Apps and Security Measures: With school-managed iPads, we will be able install and update necessary educational apps uniformly. Additionally, we will be able to implement robust security measures to protect students’ digital privacy and ensure a safe online environment.
- Technical Support and Maintenance: Managing the iPads internally will enable us to provide efficient technical support.
- Financial Considerations: Transitioning to school-managed iPads will eliminate the need for parents to purchase iPads specifically for school use. This helps alleviate financial burdens and ensures that all students have equal access to educational technology resources.
We kindly request that parents refrain from purchasing iPads for school use moving forward, as we are now in a position to provide devices for all students. Please stay tuned for further information.
Term 1 Planner
Please note the dates for the following Term 1 events:
- Acquaintance Night – Monday 12th February
- Student Free Day – Friday 16th February
- Annual General Meeting – Monday 19th February – more details to follow
- Adelaide Cup Public Holiday – Monday 11th March
- NAPLAN starts – Years 3 and 5 – Wednesday 13th March
- Year 3-5 Swimming – from Monday 25th – Thursday 28th March
- Year 6 Aquatics – Wednesday 27th March
- Good Friday / Easter Monday Public Holidays – Friday 29th March / Monday 1st April
- Sports Day – Friday 5th April
- Reception – Year 2 Swimming – Monday 29th April – Friday 3rd May