Outdoor Play

As one way to increase our steps for the Global Children’s Walking Challenge we decided to do Play outside today. We had beautiful Spring weather and we all loved being outside.

We planned a list of activities to choose from before we started. Some of the activities we had were playing on the Playground equipment, chalk drawing, playing elastics, playing 4 square on the courts, playing Passport, soccer, using the dress ups and lots of others.

We had to plan our activity, work out where were going to play, what equipment we would need and who was in our groups.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital collage personalized with Smilebox

When we came back inside we reflected on our activities. We had lots of co-operation, sharing, different ideas and most importantly lots of FUN!
What activities do you like to do in Play?
How often do you do Play?

20 thoughts on “Outdoor Play

1. Hi Mrs Sporn’s class,

Wow, looks like you had so much fun outside in the sun. The challenge sounds interesting, do children all around the world participate?
    Our favourite play activities outside are going on the “Big children’s” playground and ball games!

From Miss Harry’s class

• Hi there
      Thanks for your comments our bog – we love it when people reply and give us feedback.
      We like going on the big kids playground too – even though some of the equipment is very high.
      From Miss Sporn

• Hi Mrs Scott,
      Thanks for your email. Our class loves to be outdoors. Our weather is starting to warm up and so it’s great to be getting outside. We have a gym where we can exercise indoors if it’s too cold and wet or gets too hot. Check out our blog soon as we’ve included photos of our whole unit daily fitness walk today.
      From Miss Sporn’s class

• HI Georgia

We’ve enjoyed being outdoors for Play – the weather here has finally started to warm up and so it’s nice to be outdoors.
      We all got pretty hot very quickly because we’re used to being able to run around a lot in the colder weather but when it warms up we need to slow down a bit.
      From Miss Sporn

• Hi Cooper,
      Hey it’s great to see you commenting on our blog- a great effort. I’m glad to hear you are going on Mathletics – have fun! I’d love to hear what activities you do.
      See you in the morning.
      From Miss Sporn

2. Hey Miss Sporn, Who do you think is going to win the grand
    final ? the Pies or the Cats ????
    I’m barracking for Collingwood. I like Eddie Maguire !!
    Cheers, Louis

• Hi Louis,
      I think it’s going to be a really close game – at least I hope it is. I think I’ll barrack for the Pies ( some of my friends are HUGE Pies supporters). Don’t tell Sam – you know he loves the Cats. Eddie is pretty passionate about the Pies isn’t he.
      From
      Miss Sporn

3. Hi Everyone,
    We only have 2 days left of our holiday. Today it was a bit rainy and cold so we couldn’t go to Wet and wild. Plus I have been a bit sick! We went back to Movie world for a little while but it was very busy and very wet so we left and we went to the BIGGEST shopping centre we have EVER seen in our LIFE!!!! We played tennis this morning. We went to Sea world on Tuesday. Me and Dad went on a pirate ship ride. The ship goes around on a track under the water and me and Dad accidently sat on the wrong side. There are two sides and we sat on the indside and we thought we woudld be safer on that side from getting too wet and we didn’t get to shoot mum and we thought we would and mum and holly got to shoot us and we got soaking wet. It was pretty cold so we went in the dryer which was a bit ridiculous because it didn’t even blow on us and we didn’t really get much dryer. THen we went off to the ray reef and you could touch the sting rays on the edge of them and you couldn’t touch on their tail or their eyes. They felt slimey and you could even feed them and you could even try and touch a skate. I nearly got to touch one but it boosted away from me down to the bottom of the tank. Then we saw the sharks and fish in the giant tank. We saw some dolphins and they were very well trained because when it first started the people came out on the dolphins backs and then they dived off and then all four of the trainers were standing in a row and the dolphins leaped over them all.
    Hope you all have happy holidays. See you next term
    FRom Brodie

4. Hi Brodie,
    It sounds like you’re having a wonderful trip – full of fun and lots of things to see – lucky you!!! I think I’d like to check that shopping centre out – you’ll have to give me the details when you get back!
    Sorry to hear that you’re not feeling too well – I’m just getting over my nasty cold- boy I’m sick of coughing so much!
    We’ve had a busy week – our final Footsteps dance session, a marathon charity fun run ( it was very hot) and finished our inquiry work and shared it (our brochures).
    We’re looking forward to tomorrow – Trent is bringing in the DVD Rio for us to watch- it should be lots of fun too.
    Hope you have a wonderful time for the end of your holiday – I’m off to Cairns in a week and can’t wait!
    See you soon
    Miss Sporn