We’ve been working hard to learn how to use different forms of technology in our daily learning activities. Our school uses iPads in every classroom through embedding them into our daily classroom activities.
We’ve been experimenting with different apps in our learning, such as:
- reading online in Daily 5 reading activities with Ziptales and Sunshine Online
- Word Wizard for phonological spelling tasks
- Chatterpix – a fun way to make pictures tell a message
- Popplet – mind mapping tasks
- Bee Bots for coding and programming
- Book Creator – creating books to show our learning in different areas
- Seesaw – to share our learning with our families
- Scratch Jnr – coding
- Garageband to create original music pieces
- Number Pieces – looking at place value of numbers using MAB equipment
- Explain Everything – creating presentations about different topics.
We’ve also got a Stickbot kit for green screen filming of stories that we create and a Little Bits kits to see how to create circuits to make wheels turn, lights go on/off, buzzers to buzz, fans to spin and lots more.
We’re about to start using Maker’s Empire to plan, design and create objects that relate to our Inquiry programme. We’ve just started designing and learning how to use the app. Stay tuned for posts about our 3D products.
What’s your favourite form of technology to use and why?
What would you like to try next?