Sports Day 2012

Last Friday we had our whole school Sports Day. It was a fantastic day and we really enjoyed our day. We worked really hard to be supportive team members and gave lots of positive encouragement to our team mates.

Riley ( the red team) won Sports Day – Congratulations to the whole team!

Fraser came second, Bradman was third and Woodforde came fourth.

Our programme for the day was:

• March onto the oval in our house teams – Fraser, Riley, Woodforde and Bradman
  • Do the Health Hustle
  • Listen to the opening speech by our Principal Mr Wait and the Premier’s Be Active Challenge special guest Paul Mildren. Paul is a pitcher with the Adelaide Bite – the Adelaide baseball team in the national competition.
  • Compete in our tabloid events
  • Recess & lunch breaks
  • Running the whole school relay – with representatives from each year level
  • Sprints – each house team is represented by their fastest runners
  • Presentation of the Championship Shield.
Tabloid Events
Vortex Throw – we had to throw a vortex up the hill as far as we could.

Vortex Throw on PhotoPeach

Bocce – each team had 1 person roll their bocce ball to see who could throw it closest to the white ball. We played bocce in the Hall.

Bocce on PhotoPeach

Long jump
We ran along the green mats and pushed off into the long jump sand pit – trying to jump as far as possible.

Long jump on PhotoPeach

Sprints
We ran in a series of races over 100m.

Three legged race
This relay was in pairs because we had to tie our middle legs together. We needed to work really well as a team to make sure our legs moved at the same time as our partners! It was really tricky – then we asked our parents and grandparents to have a go! It was lots of fun!

The Three Legged Race on PhotoPeach

Sack race
In our house teams we got into a sack and jumped up to a marker and back to our team.

The Sack Race on PhotoPeach

Soccer kick

We needed to kick as many soccer goals as possible.

Tunnel Ball –  each house team lined up. The first person rolled the ball under the teams open legs and the last person caught it and ran to the front of the team with it. Each person had to have a turn running to the front of the team.

Sprints
We ran in a series of races over 100m.

Relays – we ran in the Fireman’s relay and then made up lots of different relays – more running!

What was your favourite event on Sports Day?

Tell us what you thought about Sports Day.

26 thoughts on “Sports Day 2012

1. I loved watching all the events and the great attitude everyone showed to giving everything a go! Well done to Riley on the day too.

2. It looks like everybody had a great day, I am disappointed I could not make it. Thanks for the great photos.

3. Congratulations to Miss Sporn’s class on having so much fun on sports day. Lachie’s Mum and Grandma really enjoyed watching you all and hearing you cheer for your classmates.

4. Wow! Miss Sporn’s class is full of active kids! I was exhausted from watching you all at Sport’s Day! My favourite event were the Sprints because I got to say “go”. At the end I had a race against Lachie, Cooper and Krysten (Lachie’s Mum). Whew!

5. I just loved the sack race as it made me remember when I was in the sack race in grade 2 and I fell over all the time. We lost but I had fun like you all did.

6. I think your class had great fun at Sports Day,they were all very active and were very sporty.

7. What a great day it was! Great to see all the students trying so hard and having so much fun being active.

8. The blog is good to see all the children at sports day.
    Cooper is helping me with my computer.

9. I enjoied sports day because it kept me fit and active for the rest of friday. I especially enjoied watching everyone have fun and cheering my team on.

• Hi Sienna,
      I just love how many comments you are posting on our blog! I really appreciate your support and it’s great to see you commenting in so many areas of the blog.
      Keep blogging!!
      From
      Miss Sporn

10. Hi everyone, sounds like you all had fun at sports day. Ben tells me you all tried your yery best.
    Well done and good luck for the rest of term.

11. I enjoyed watching you all run, jump, roll and throw on Sports Day. Didn’t Mrs P do a great job organising it all-and what beautiful weather. I must admit though, that these photos are handy for looking at things you miss when you are trying to watch three children’s various events!!

12. We all had a great day at your sports day. Maisie’s brother William is still singing GO FRASER!!! We look forward to cheering you on again next year.

13. I forgot my favourite part of the sports day was watching Maisie in the sack race. I think I laughed nearly as much as Maisie was lauhing.

14. I heard what a fun day it was for you. It is great seeing that you all did so well taking part in all of the races and also singing your chants. It must have been good having all of the support there for all of the sprint and relays at the end.